Every year, in the Bible study I attend, we share what we are asking God for in the New Year. Throughout the entire year we pray for each other for these things as well as other needs. Just to be clear, this is not a ‘name it and claim it’ thing. This is about asking God that His will be done (Matthew 6:10) and that He give us the desires of our hearts (Psalm 37:4) and that these desires find a meeting point with His will. We can’t force our heart’s desires to happen but we can lay them out to God and believe that in His infinite wisdom He will direct our paths (Psalm 23:3).
What are the desires of your heart? In other words, in the deepest thoughts of your mind, in your emotions and your inner self, what do you pursue and want with eagerness and intensity? Write them down.
These are the desires of my heart and some favorite Scriptures to accompany them. I call these my 6 B’s of 2017.
- Be positive. (Philippians 4:8; Colossians 3:1,2)
- Be thankful. (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18; Philippians 4:6,7)
- Be calm. (1 Peter 5:7; Isaiah 26:3; Matthew 11:28-30)
- Be a blessing. (Ephesians 5:8; Philippians 4:5)
- Be strong in the Lord. (Ephesians 6:10; Joshua 1:9)
- Be fruitful. (Colossians 1:10; Philippians 1:11; John 15:5)