Managing your weight is hard work. Finding ways to keep it upbeat, rewarding, encouraging, and from a positive point of view makes it a little easier. If you’re ready to discover your own encouraging words to enhance your motivation, you’re in the right place.
Let’s say you struggle with staying positive. Maybe you need help finding the right affirmations, motivational messages, encouraging words and positive thoughts that inspire you to strive towards or maintain a healthy weight.
Sometimes a few optimistic words can boost your morale – affirming and reinforcing your progress. Positive thinking can propel you toward your goals and is important for long-term success.
You’ll find some self-affirming statements for physical activity, eating well, and a healthy lifestyle below. When you find that certain motivational message that inspires you, remember it, and repeat it often.
Motivational messages to inspire physical activity
- I will do what I can. It would be a mistake to do nothing just because I can only do a little.
- Exercise is a priority in my life.
- My muscles are becoming lean.
- I am limber and flexible.
- My muscles are becoming better fat burners.
- Exercise is coming to me easily and effortlessly.
- Exercise is becoming more and more enjoyable.
- I am replacing fat with muscle.
Motivational messages to encourage eating well
- I control my food choices – food does not control me.
- I enjoy the refreshing, cleansing qualities of drinking water.
- I am able to leave food on my plate.
- I eat slowly and enjoy every bite.
- Healthy eating is coming to me easily and effortlessly.
- It’s OK for me to enjoy a yummy treat from time to time.
- I eat when I am hungry.
- I love fresh fruit, vegetables and whole grains.
- I am in control of sugar.
- I enjoy a healthy eating style.
Motivational messages that affirm a healthy lifestyle
- Wellness is a choice – a decision I make to move toward optimal health.
- Wellness is a way of life – a lifestyle I design to achieve my highest potential for well-being.
- I am finding new non-food ways of nurturing myself.
- I am becoming more responsible for my health and well-being.
- There’s no room for guilt in my life.
- I can learn from my mistakes.
- I am successfully managing my weight.
- I choose to be free of feeling deprived.
- It’s OK for me to take time for myself.