My husband says that I don’t do nothing well. No, he does not have a problem with his grammar. I suppose he could have said that I don’t like to have nothing to do. Well, he’s right. If you have a similar personality, I compiled a little list for us.
These mini chores can make a few spare minutes of downtime productive.
1. De-clutter. Find two items that are not where they belong and and put them in their place.
2. Be a friend. Make a friend’s day by sending her a cheery email.
3. Trash it. Hunt for stray trash languishing where the kids last parked themselves. Toss it.
4. Get fit. Stretch. Literally. As in side bends. Being ‘stretched’ doesn’t count.
5. Clean up. Wipe down an inconspicuous, often neglected spot like the top of the refrigerator.
6. Pet patrol. Fill the dog’s food bowl. Give the dog a treat. Play with the dog. Happy dogs are just so darn cute.
7. Eliminate the expired. Toss an item from the refrigerator that should have been retired months ago.
8. Recycle. Throw useless papers and unwanted mail in the recycle bin.
9. Read the obscure. Grab a magazine or newspaper and skim an article you wouldn’t normally read.
10. Pray. If you can talk, you can pray. Talk to God. He’s listening.
What do you do when you’ve got a few minutes to spare?